Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July!! We had a great day yesterday starting with spending the day with our neighbors. They are such a great family. They invited us to Fishhook park, a nice place on the river with lots of shade and a nice inlet where the kids can play in the water and swim. It reminded me a little of Black Canyon Dam. The boys had a blast. They really enjoyed playing with all of the kids there. In addition to our neighbor's children, her sister, brother and nephew were there with their kids. It was a party. They were so kind, sharing their food with us (those Ukranians sure can cook). Natasha, the mom, watched Spencer while we played in the water with all the bigger kids. It felt like family. Later we drove home and watched some 24 (season 6) and then I took the older boys to see the "River of Fire" while Adam stayed home with Spencer; actually while Adam watched 24 without me and Spencer slept.
This is before the action. Can't you feel the brotherly love?




Pretty good, but not as good as Idaho Falls I think.

I've been reading "The 5000 Year Leap" (thank you Glenn Beck) and it has really helped me to develop a greater appreciation for this country and all of our blessings of freedom. I had an idea before how amazing the Constitution is, but reading this book has brought a whole new perspective on just what a miracle this country is. I really am grateful for the liberty we enjoy and thankful for the men and women who have fought and are still fighting to protect that freedom everyday. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment