Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cowboys


Yeehaw! Last weekend we went to Boise for Alix's wedding. It was so nice and Alix and A.J. looked great. I'm totally jealous that they went to Disney World for their honeymoon.


Prior to our trip, the boys and I had been talking about cowboys, what they wear, what they do and singing cowboy songs. So it was a big treat when the boys got to ride Grandmom and Poppop's new horses.



Adam and I took advantage of the grandparents to go on a date to see Transformers 2. It was so lame! Please don't waste your money. It was long and there wasn't enough story to string all the explosions together.

As always, our travel turned into more of an adventure than we had counted on when the truck almost blew a tire outside of Hermiston, OR. The spare was bad too, so we dropped it at the local Wal-mart and made it home only 2 hours later than scheduled. Monday, we went back to Hermiston, hung out at the McDonalds with a bomp playplace while the truck got fixed and then came back home. Did I mention that Adam's Corolla had broken down on Thursday? So with a new timing belt, water pump and four new truck tires we spent over $1000 in one day on crappy car repairs. I wasn't the happiest buckaroo, but I have recovered and convinced Adam to repost the truck on Craig's list. Anyone looking for a new rig? I have to recover my $1000 somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment