Sunday, April 3, 2011

Running Away or My Husband is Awesomer than Your Husband

Four kids under the age of 6 one of which has been congested, coughing and basically unhealthy more of his life than he's been healthy, and another who should have come with "DIFFICULT" tattooed to his behind. I've been sleep deprived for six months and had a doctor's appointment every week for the past two months. I'm really concerned about Colin's health but have given the "wait and see" diagnosis from the doctor. I was yelling at everyone and crying at the drop of a hat. So Adam made me run away.

He gave me all of his blow money from the past few months and told me to go away for the weekend, stay in a hotel, eat out, sleep in, do whatever I wanted to do (within reason since I would still have to take Colin with me). So I found a deal at a hotel in Spokane and Thursday afternoon, I ran away from home. It was so nice. I read a book that did not have pictures, I slept until 8:30, coaxing Colin to sleep with my finger in his mouth for the last two hours, and I went to a museum without worrying about anything being broken.

I had written "The Plan" a couple of weeks ago when Adam stayed home from work because I physically and mentally could not take care of the kids one day. Here was the plan:

1. Get 7 hours of sleep, be in bed by 9:30 pm
2. Take my vitamins
3. Drink more water and eat healthy (no treats until after dinner)
4. Move each day, exercising for at least 20 minutes
5. 15 minutes of scriptures, 15 minutes of journal (blogging counts)
6. Pray on my knees, morning and night
7. Go "to work" three days a week to get household "stuff" done, don't let "work" interfere with family time.

I was going to do this for 14 days. It lasted about 5 days. But after my weekend away, I'm starting again with new determination and a grown up "sticker" chart to reward myself for the days that I stick to the plan. I guess I never gave up the need for gold stars.

So here's to being happy. Or at least having the energy to act happy. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. You are superwoman! I'm so glad even superwoman gets a break now and then...you totally deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good hubby that Adam is! I'm glad you got away. I hope Colin gets healthier. Here is my favorite poem--I may have sent it to you before, but I can't remember, so here it is again! Love you lots! www.thedontquitpoem.com/thePoem.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

    Life is queer with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
    You may succeed with another blow.

    Often the goal is nearer than,
    It seems to a faint and faltering man,
    Often the struggler has given up,
    When he might have captured the victor's cup,
    And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

    Success is failure turned inside out--
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

    - Author unknown

    ReplyDelete