Sunday, July 25, 2010

Angels

I know all of you have gone to church some Sundays and spent so much time out in the hall that you wondered, "Why do I even come?" That was today. Adam threw his back out on Friday fixing the toilet. Some little hands had flushed the toilet paper roll holder down the toilet. Usually Adam is the one to take the boys out if they are being disruptive at church. But since he couldn't do that today, the job fell on me. And boy was it a toughy today, starting as soon as we pulled into the parking lot.

So after our family saga was played out in front of the entire ward during sacrament meeting, I found myself crying in the bathroom hoping no one would talk to me so that I could pull it together long enough to do sharing time in Primary.

Can I just say, my ward is full of angels? Some came and helped me when I had two boys out in the foyer crying. Others came and took the crying baby from my arms so that I could get my stuff together - both literally and emotionally. One of our bishopric members gave Adam a hug and both of us heard a lot of "We've been there, we know what it's like." After church, another person came and brought brownies. Each act of kindness brought new tears of gratitude. Heavenly Father was saying, "You're not alone. Others have made it, you will too." Boy I needed that. To all of you angels in the Sunset ward - THANK YOU! It doesn't seem to be enough, but I hope I will remember this day and when I see a mom frazzled beyond belief, I want to step in and say - Let me help, I've been there.


2 comments:

  1. You've been the angel to so many people (myself included) so you deserve to be the recipient of that kindness! You ready to move back yet? Miss you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about you last couple of posts and I wanted to add some thoughts. I do think your mom would get a chuckle out of watching you with Phin. But then you'd climb on her big king sized bed and lay next to her and she'd just let you talk and she'd listen. She'd probably tell you what to do (whether you did it or not) and then she's tell you to call and order enchiladas from El Rancho Grande. When you talk of angels - remember that there are the unseen ones too. Your mom was so proud of you and even when you are at your wits end I think she is near by (wringing her hands) praying for you and watching over you and your family.

    ReplyDelete